This, That, & the Other

This is a personal Christian blog by Marsha Roland, sharing thoughts and inspirations to encourage others.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Prayer

O God, I asked for strength that I might achieve;
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for help that I might do greater things;
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
I asked for riches that I might be happy;
I was given poverty that I might be wise.
I asked for power that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life;
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for.
Despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.

Author Unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home